Since the Canandaigua RC Laser Fleet was asked to host the next North American RC Laser Championship Regatta on June 8-10, 2012 we have been diligently seeking the perfect location to hold the event.
After a long search and much debate, we’ve decided to apply with the City of Canandaigua to use the end of the T-dock at Kershaw Park. We believe this will be a perfect venue for the sailors and also for spectators in the park to view the races.
We are sharing the letters of support and the formal application paperwork that we’ve submitted to the City so that you will also have the details. Then, when you run into one of the city’s decision makers at a holiday party, the grocery store, through your social activities or in your line of work you will be able to reinforce the request in a personal way.
- City of Canandaigua Special Events Application
- Letter to The Honorable Ellen Polimeni, Mayor, Canandaigua, NY
- Letter to the Canandaigua City Council from Stephen Heinzelman, Commodore, Canandaigua Yacht Club
- Letter to the Canandaigua City Council from Anna Gorbold, Chairman, Canandaigua Yacht Club
- Letter to the Canandaigua City Council from Dave Branning, Secretary, North American RC Laser Class Association
- Letter to Katie Outhouse, Canandaigua Recreation Programs Coordinator
- Letter to Kay W. James, City Manager of Canandaigua
As we understand it, there is at least one committee meeting where this application will be discussed in January and then it will come before the City Council for a vote in February.