NOTICE OF RACE
Canandaigua, New York RC Laser Fleet 14
2nd Annual Squaw Island Race
May 26, 2012
Rules: The regatta shall be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing as amended by Appendix E for RC sailing, prescriptions of US Sailing, class rules of the RC Laser Class of North America and further Sailing Instructions as mandated by the Race Director (RD) who also has the authority during the course of the event to make changes which will be announced to the competitors.
Eligibility: The regatta is open to all RC Lasers conforming to RC Laser Class Rules.
Race Director: Keith Calkins
- Boats will be out of the water during the Skippers Meeting.
- The starting line will be set between two markers just offshore from the concrete dock at the south end of the waterfront at the Canandaigua Yacht Club.
- The south concrete dock is also designated as the finish dock.
- At the start, skippers will sail their RC Lasers across the starting line in the proper direction and then sail a course that is roughly north on Canandaigua Lake towards Squaw Island, about 1 mile away.
- Skippers in chase boats will follow their RC Laser and navigate their racing boats around Squaw Island, located at approximately Lat/Long N42.869918, W077.275702, keeping the island to port as the boats round and then sail back to the yacht club.
- Boats will finish when the skipper is on the finish dock and then retrieves their RC Laser from the water after successfully completing the course.
- Online Registration
- 1:00 – 1:45 Boat set-up and practice sailing
- 1:45 Skippers Meeting (All boats must be out of the water.)
- 1:58 PM Two-minute audible countdown timer begins
- 2:00 PM Start
- ~ 5:00 PM Dock party begins with first finishing boat
- ~ 6:00 PM Awards presented after all boats return
Location: Canandaigua Yacht Club (CYC), 3524 West Lake Road, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Entry: Eligible boats may be entered by submitting the registration form online and paying an entry fee of $15.00 boat.
Scoring: The race will be scored under the Low Point System described in The Racing Rules of Sailing Appendix A and the event will consist of only one race.
Prizes: A prize will be awarded to the skipper who completes the course in the fastest time. A dock party will follow racing for all skippers and crew.
Contact: Bill Blevins at email@example.com or 585-662-7638 if you need us to find a chase boat and driver or for any other information.