NOTICE OF RACE
Canandaigua, New York RC Laser Fleet 14
SQUAW ISLAND RACE
May 28, 2011
Rules: The regatta shall be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing as amended by Appendix E for RC sailing, prescriptions of US Sailing, class rules of the RC Laser Class of North America and further Sailing Instructions as mandated by the Race Director (RD) who also has the authority during the course of the event to make changes which will be announced to the competitors.
Eligibility: The regatta is open to all RC Lasers conforming to RC Laser Class Rules.
- Boats will remain out of the water between the Skippers Meeting and the Start
- The south concrete dock is designated as the start and finish dock.
- At the start, skippers on the starting dock will place their boats in the water and sail north on Canandaigua Lake towards Squaw Island, about 1 mile away.
- Skippers will need to get in a chase boat, follow their RC Laser and sail it around Squaw Island (or based on the decision of the RD, a mark just south of the island at approximately Lat/Long N42.869918, W077.275702) and then back to the yacht club.
- Boats will finish when the skipper is on the finish dock and then retrieves their RC Laser from the water after successfully completing the course.
- 1:00 – 1:45 PM Registration, boat set-up and practice sailing
- 1:45 Skippers Meeting (All boats must be out of the water.)
- 1:58 PM Two-minute countdown begins
- 2:00 PM Start
- ~ 5:00 PM Dock party begins with first finishing boat
- ~ 6:00 PM Awards presented after all boats return
Location: Canandaigua Yacht Club (CYC), 3524 West Lake Road, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Entry: Eligible boats may be entered by submitting the attached Entry Form prior to the Skippers Meeting on May 28, 2011, with an entry fee of $10.00 per boat.
Scoring: The race will be scored under the Low Point System described in The Racing Rules of Sailing Appendix A and the event will consist of only one race.
Prizes: A Crystal Head will be awarded to the skipper who completes the course in the fastest time. A dock party will follow racing for all skippers and crew.
Contact: Bill Blevins at email@example.com or 585-662-7638 if you need us to find a chase boat and driver or for any other information.